Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Looking for apartments

My nephew's new wife is taking a job in Boston, and needs an apartment.  So I got to spend the day in the city, checking out some cute places!

The first place was on a really cute street - but it was a basement apartment.  FYI - rental prices are ridiculously expensive in Boston - $2k for a studio...
 This unit was furnished - and really nice.  But
 the ceilings were low.  6'4 is the height, and my nephew (not pictured here) is 6'2".  This is the rental agent who is 6'8"
 The next apartment was on the same street - right down the road
 It was a small 1 bedroom.  I really liked the layout - but it was pretty dingy.
 Love the exposed brick walls!

 The next place was a little more contemporary looking on the outside.
 The kitchen was nicely updated
 But the rest of the apartment was a little strange.  I did like the wood beams in the ceiling.  The bedroom was huge!  And there was a giant walk in closet.
 Another place I looked at was near Fenway Park.  It was on a really busy corner though.
 Nice living room and kitchen
 But the unit was right off the front door - by the mailboxes and elevators.  You would hear everyone coming and going...
 Another place I looked at was more in the financial district - but close to Boston Common
 It used to be a hotel.  And while the kitchen and bathrooms were nice
 It really felt like a hotel

 The last place I visited (which turned out to be the winner - chosen by my niece & nephew) was on a cute street; near Boston Common & Beacon Hill
 My phone died, so I only took a few photos.  But the kitchen was nice
 Fun fireplace
 Nice wood floors - but the unit is tiny
 I think they will be happy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment