Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Strange happenings with the Jeep


Weird!  I drove the Jeep to the bank (had been running errands all day).  And when I tried to start it - it started - but shut off after a couple seconds.  I tried again with the same result - it wouldn't stay running.  I called Chris because his work wasn't too far away.  Fortunately, it did the same thing to him. Even stranger, he tried starting it with the remote, and it worked!  It even kept running.  But when he tried to put the key into the ignition, it shut off but set off the car alarm.  So strange!  Chris called his brother, who told him it was probably the alarm.  For some reason the chip in the steering column was not recognizing the chip in the key, so anti theft control took over, and wouldn't let the car start or drive with the current key.  I'm not sure what caused the mismatch, as I hadn't changed keys...   So Chris unplugged the battery and we let it sit for 15 minutes.  When he plugged it back in - it started with the key again!   Crazy, weird, & strange!   And no problems since - but Chris will have to show me how to unplug the battery in case it happens again.    And just be aware - this can happen to any make or model car..

No comments:

Post a Comment