Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's been happening - besides snow?

As I said in my last post, it's been a relatively simple winter for us. Usually we are out & about almost every weekend. But Chris told me last winter - after he bought his latest car project - we would not be heading to New Hampshire every other weekend, we would not be heading to Florida on any whims, but we would be staying close to home, so he could work on his roadster. Not a problem. It's been a good winter to chill, since the weather has been so poor. And I haven't had any desire to head north & see more freezing snow.

So, we've been out and about a bit. We have wanted to buy a 3 family as income property for a while. We made time to check out a couple.

This one is small inside, but has been completely redone - down to the studs, so little or no maintenance. Perfect, except there is no off street parking :(




I really like this Victorian, but there is a ton of maintenance. Something my husband is very capable of doing - if he has the time. Which he doesn't. I can help, but I can't do anything major by myself. So we're waiting to see if anymore come on the market...


Some other fun things:

We bought our cat some catnip & she had a lot of fun with it - but only for a while. I was hoping it would increase her exercising, but nope, nothing... she still needs to diet.

We bought our dog a new bed, and he loves it. The old one went into the garage, so he can enjoy it during the day (that's where he stays when we are at work, so he has access to an outside pen). Don't worry, we keep our garage heated, so he stays nice & toasty all day long.


We've been spending time at the gym. This is the stationary bike that we ride. It's ok, but our home trainers are better. We just like to change things up a bit, and the gym helps us do that!



We had to do another 5k (3.1 miles) per our training schedule. We were having a snow storm, so we had to do it on the treadmill. It wasn't pretty, but we got it done!
My picture is a little blurry, since I was still moving when I took it.

And we've been spending time at our local favorite restaurant: Nephews:

One of our favorite bartenders & another one is sitting at the bar behind her (it was her night off)

No comments:

Post a Comment