Friday, April 8, 2011

Eating 'Pure'

Ahh, the foods of youth!
A few of my friends are doing a cleanse diet, so I thought I would do something similar for 30 days (April 1- April 30). I'm not looking to lose weight, but I thought it would be good to clean my system from sugar, and all the other bad things that I eat & drink. I eat too many mini Twix bars; chew too much gum with Aspartame; drink too much coffee (decaf at least- so I won't be feeling the effects from caffeine withdrawal - whew); and eat too much bread & cheese. (March 31st dinner = cheese sandwich & chips - see what I mean!)


My plan (and Chris is joining as well):


Eliminate coffee, soft drinks, and alcohol

Eliminate Sugar (except in sports drinks that I drink while working out)

Eliminate dairy

Eliminate grains

So basically only eat fruit, veggies, nuts, and lean meats. Powerbars, Gels, and Cliff Shots will also be included during workouts. Got to keep training the gut with those products, so it will be primed during races!


Biggest challenges for me:

No cheese - ouch!

No candy from the payroll guy's candy dish - ouch!

No iced coffee in the afternoon - ouch!

No bread or pasta - double ouch!


Week 1 went pretty well. Not easy to start on a Friday. The weekend was a little sketchy at times. I'm eating a lot of fruit & veggies. I think I might be gaining weight b/c I'm always hungry, so I'm always eating.

I wasn't perfect by any means, but I did pretty good!

My 'uh oh's' this week were - a beer with dinner last Saturday night; a ice cream cone from DQ on Sunday (Chris twisted my arm for that one - I really didn't want one); some popcorn; a hot chocolate.


I didn't have any coffee or soft drinks/soda or cheese or bread or candy! I even passed up birthday cake! Wow!

Now it's the weekend again - not sure I'll be as good. I was so good this past week.... I might be clean enough ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment