Sunday, November 4, 2012

Good times

Last weekend, we had Hurricane Sandy coming to town.  We made sure we had some provisions - gas & water.  But we knew it would be south, so we weren't too worried about it.   The day of the storm, work was cancelled, so we went hiking!


 It was a pretty warm day - even with the high winds.  And only a little rain.  By 9:00 pm, all was quiet.  We lost a few branches, but faired very well.  It was much nicer to us - than Hurricane Irene was!


This weekend, we had some friends coming to visit - so we got our workout done early.  Saturday morning 5k race!  We actually ran 6 miles before the race, since we wanted to run a total of 10 miles for the day.  (we did a 1 mile cool down run after)  The race was in Bristol - along the water.  And it was a pretty chilly morning!


 Small crowd, so I was fortunate to get 1st in my age group.  I'm not a very quick runner, so it was a nice surprise!  And we calculated that the run was only 3 miles.  Not the 3.1.  Not a big deal, but it makes me look like I ran a lot faster!  I ran faster than Chris for the 1st mile, then he caught me, and beat me by about 20 steps.  Those short races are HARD!
 Our friends came to visit (no photos).  And we went for a nice drive & dinner

And we ate a lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment