Monday, December 10, 2012

Update on the Upholstery Class

I have missed a couple classes, but there are 2 left, so I should be able to finish my foot stool.

 This last class, I finished tying down my springs & covered the foot stool with burlap.

 Then I had to sew the burlap to the springs, so the springs & burlap don't move.

 Then it was time to cushion the ends, so there wouldn't be hard edges.

 And then it was time to start cushioning the top!  That's where I ended my evening.
 Chris is a little further ahead, since he only missed one class.  His foot stool is covered - first with a thin material

 And then with the material that we picked out.
He just has to do the bottom covering.  (you can kind of see what he still has to do - by looking at the foot stool in the background)
He'll be done by next class, so then he can help me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment