Monday, July 15, 2013

Trip Home!

Went home for the Independence day holiday.  It was so good to spend time with my mom, brother, sister, and their families!

We went to a local flea market on the 4th.  Mom, Chris, my sister
It was a warm day, and there were a lot of people out and about
Some neat crafts.  These bird feeders, and other fun garden art were made out of glassware:  cups, saucers, etc.

Mom found a goodie - a dolls chest, which are perfect as jewelry boxes
We went to the fireworks, of course.  Nice candid shot of Chris & Mom :)
Ahhh
Chris & I went on some great country runs

The corn was a little taller than the old saying:  'knee high by the 4th of July'
My step grandma recently passed away, so we went to her Memorial Service.  She was 96!  I never knew my Mom's mom, as she passed away in 1966.  My Mom's dad married Ivy in 1975.  She had a full family of her own, but she was still a great step grandma to our side as well.
We did some yard work too. (mostly Chris)  Trimming some bushes
Edging the sidewalk
Replanting some bushes & flowers

We took some walks around the park & visited my dad's tree :)

We went to my nephew's baseball games

They won one and lost one
Pizza party with the team
me & my nephew
And we had a cookout at my sisters!  It was a great visit.  Perfect weather too.

No comments:

Post a Comment