Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Trip to Florida - Flamingo Fling Regatta

I went back to Fl to visit my mom for her birthday & mothers day :)   First night - dinner with friends!
timing worked out - to help my class of sailing sisters putting on our 1st regatta - Flamingo Fling!
finally some good wind (for most, a little too breezy for beginner me); so the regatta was on!

most of my class didn't race - we helped in the kitchen & set up the awards and dining area (and emptied trash - what fun! - it's a volunteer club, so we have to do it all!)
too windy for my friend -so she came in early
a good turnout though - around 30 sailed  for this late in FL season


we had some flamingos spread around the race course - couldn't see them from land
lunch time!




awards

and then games! Busy day!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment