Thursday, May 27, 2010

Home, painting & cleaning, and graduations!

I took a couple days off work to head home and see my nephew graduate from high school. My sisters graduation ceremony for her masters degree in nursing turned out to be the same weekend, so I could attend that as well!

Of course, I didn't know that my sister was turning her house inside out for the occasions....

Mom painting trim:

Sheri cleaning floors:

Steph dusting:

Scott fixing the hot tub:

Bryan painting:

Another bonus - my niece played in the band for the 8th grade promotion, so I was able to see her perform as well!


Steph & Sarah after the performance:


My sister's graduation included a full mass and ceremony - 3 hours long... only 15 masters candidates and 95 undergraduates, but the mass included the masters hooding ceremony and blessing of the hands. And the graduation ceremony included all graduates getting their nurses pin (which was pinned on them by someone special)


Sheri getting 'hooded':

Sheri getting 'pinned' by her husband, Scott

The Happy Graduate! - straight A's and completed the program in 2 years (usually takes 3)

The family gathered around for congratulations

Sheri & family

Now on to the next graduation! Bryan's high school graduation
The happy parents:

Getting his diploma: this graduation ceremony went much quicker!


The Happy graduate, Bryan, & Grandpa

And with grandma


Cake!



Table of Bryan's accomplishments


Finally, after 3 days of cleaning; painting; scrubbing, etc; we got to relax!
The groovy grandma, who doesn't stop!


The super sister in law:

The nicest nieces:

The down with it dads:

next in line: nephew Nick!

Scott, Claire, Steph, Nick
It was fun to be home and see the family. Time passes all too quickly though - I'm ready to go back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment