Thursday, September 9, 2010

What have we been up to??

Well, Chris was out of town almost the entire month of August! We took off for our trip to Bonneville on August 7th. I flew back on the 15th. He drove back & got home around 1 pm on the 22nd. Then he traveled for business from the 23rd to the 1st of September!! Whew!

Besides spending some extra time in Bonneville, he also managed to squeeze in some fun during his business trip:


He also had brunch with our good friends Cyndy & Jon (our Cancun buddies).

I was stuck at home doing this:

Ok, ok, I had some fun too!

Chris mom & husband Tony were in town for a visit, so I had a great dinner with them.

I went to a Polo match with our good friends Jen & Dave & their 2 kids: Caroline & Tommy

Caroline & Tommy loved the polo ponies, so we spent a lot of time in the barns. It was fun, and we learned a lot about the ponies from the stable girls.

Our good friend Eric was putting on a triathlon in our neighborhood, so I volunteered on one Saturday:

My station: making sure the runners made the final turn into the park & finish line. Boston pro Dede won - beat all the guys too :) It was fun watching her tear up the course!

Then I raced the next day - on Sunday!

It wasn't pretty, but I got it done! Hard to believe that only a month prior, I had completed an Ironman & felt great. This 33.4 mile race almost did me in!!! I hadn't been feeling that good the week prior though...that's my story & I'm sticking to it!

Fortunately, our tri club had a tent with beer & goodies that saved my life (after the race, of course)

Since Chris was out of town, and I didn't feel like finding another partner, we did miss out on a couple pre-purchased events...

The Red Sox tickets went to Chris' mom & Tony, who gave them to a friend.

And I sold our Country Music Festival tickets to my horse riding instructor: both tickets for only $82.50.

At least somebody enjoyed our tickets - better than them sitting in our drawer & going to waste!

Now, summer is coming to a close, and we still have a couple races left. Another 70.3 (miles) triathlon race in September & a marathon in November. Here's hoping my drive comes back, because I haven't been feeling like exercising since our Bonneville trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment