Monday, June 29, 2015

Patriot Triathlon

One of the best half ironman triathlon's in MA - and it's right around the corner from our house!
 
Race day had perfect conditions
 




Neither Chris nor I had the best race.  Our swims were good and the bike ride went well (normal pace), but our runs suffered.  Chris still had a good finishing time, and still ran well, even though he said it felt slow.  I didn't feel real good on the run, so I put some walk breaks in early.  Then at mile 10, I got my calve cramps, which turned into excrutiating charley horses at mile 11, so I had to walk the last few miles very slowly :(  My first time walking through the finish chute - but I was so afraid to get more charley horses - they are killers and stop you in your tracks!

Later on, we met up with some friends at the yacht club.  A nice way to finish the day.



 And then on to a yummy dinner!!


No comments:

Post a Comment