Saturday, October 28, 2017

Fitness training

 I've been retired from accounting for 3 (wow! ) years!  So, I decided to try something new.  I'm not sure if I will apply for a job in the fitness industry, but I have learned a ton!  Chris and I know a lot about swim, bike, run training; running races; and triathlons, but not much about general resistance training.  What I love about NASM is that they focus on getting the/your body in alignment (work out the muscle imbalances).  Then they have a series of stages - Stabilization, Strength, & Power that they have you follow for best results.  Learning about my muscle imbalances has been great!  Now I know why I've had issues during some of my Ironman's. 
 

 So, I studied for four months, took the exam (passed), and just attended a live workshop which applied a lot of what I studied.  Our instructor has been a personal trainer since the late 90's & is now a leading expert in the field, so had a ton of information to share (and with great examples , so it's easy for me to pass along too).
 Not a bad way to spend  the day at all!

1 comment:

  1. Natasha Aughey Fitness Trainer Workout Wiki, Bio, Age, Height and little known facts. Get inspired by Natasha Aughey's fitness routine and workout. Natasha Aughey

    ReplyDelete