Friday, October 5, 2018

 
I spent the entire weekend at the Y, and in a pool!  A lifeguard training class.  I'd much rather have spread it out over a few days and not use up my entire weekend, but it is what it is.  (or was :))
Lots of online training before the class, then a few hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in classroom training (CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard rules).  And then over 7 hours in the pool.  I was a prune!  And my hips - oh - from the treading water - holy moly, were they sore!  I couldn't complain though - since the other participants in the class were high school swim teamers.  Oh, to be young again (ok, maybe not That young...)  But I did survive and passed.  I hope to be getting a certificate one of these days, and maybe I'll get a job if time permits. 
The class was from Friday - 6 to 8 pm; Saturday 9 am to 6 pm and Sunday 9 am to 6 pm.  Fortunately, we got out early on Sunday - so I had time to enjoy the sunshine with the family.
 
We explored a new forest nearby in Tiverton, RI
 
 Bolts marking his territory :)








 It was a beautiful walk -and so glad I had time to get outside some!  Chris spent the weekend puttering around the house on Saturday.  On Sunday, he was supposed to compete in a sailboat race (on our friend's cool boat that went to Bermuda, Incognito), but it was cancelled due to no wind.  They did go out to the start, and like last week's race, floated around for a while, before it was called off.

No comments:

Post a Comment