Thursday, July 4, 2019

Lisbon Day #2

 Day 2 started off with a walk to a coffee shop and coffee!  Chris' conference started so he headed off to work, and I jumped on a bus tour.
 Love the tiles in the walkways - they definitely have fun with it!
 How the Portuguese got their water back in the day - the Aquaduct
 April 25th bridge - looks a lot like the Golden Gate.  It spans the Tagus river which flows out to the Atlantic Ocean
 More buildings with beautiful tile work.  I love these hop on hop off bus tours.  I usually ride the whole route and then on the 2nd trip I get off in the areas I want to explore
 Here's a section of the city from the 50's
 and this tram looks like it's from the future
 This beauty was a beautiful monastery that is now mainly a museum (archaeology, planetarium)
 Monument of Discoveries recognizing the Portuguese Age of Exploration in the 15th and 16th centuries
 The palace.  Looked like someone was going to be coming or going, but I didn't stick around.  I wouldn't have recognized anyone :)


It was a windy!! day
 Always like to check out the local marinas :)
 This is the Belem Tower - 16th gateway to Lisbon.  There was another on the other side of the Tagus river but it has eroded away

 Museum of Popular Art
 Museum of Modern Art
 That bridge again!  A group of sailors were out racing

 I walked back to the hotel after I got off the bus ,and it was a 4 hour walk!!  Nice day for it though. I loved seeing all the sights.  Below is a row of restaurants.
Early night!  Chris had dinner with his co workers and I ordered room service!

No comments:

Post a Comment